Busy Bee Family!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello, readers! This is my first blog post in quite some time, and I apologize about that. But holy cow, this past month has flown by in the blink of an eye! My family and I have been so busy, always go-go-go! But we wouldn't have it any other way. Here's a little recap:
  • Garrett started his new job! He received a full-time position at Steralite, making good money, with a great first shift schedule and amazing benefits! God is GOOD!
  • I started taking PCA (Personal Care Asst.) classes! It is a 7 week speed course and I just finished week two. It has it's challenging moments, but it's nothing this mama can't handle! I'm really looking forward to getting a job after this course and then go back to college for some branch of nursing (you can ask me what branch, but I currently have no idea. I'm hoping I figure that out along the way). Yes, that will be a lot on my plate, but I did it in Michigan so I know I can do it here. 
  • Garrett got a new car! Betty the Buick is her name. 
  • Mason turned 7 months old! He is ARMY CRAWLING, standing on his own when he has a couch or stool to hang on to, sitting up completely unsupported, and is weighing a whopping 21 pounds, & 26.5 inches long. OH! And with that I can add on another tally mark on my "months of breastfeeding" card, woohoo!!! Seven months and going strong! 
  • Garrett built me a raised flower bed so I could start my own veggie garden (I'll have a separate blog post about that coming soon). So far I even have a few veggies that are sprouting and looking great! 
  • WEDDING STUFF! I ordered and customized our guestbook (check it out HERE), we just received our 'Save the Dates' and those should be sent out soon as soon as we finalize our guest list. PLEASE don't get mad if you aren't invited, our venue only holds 140 so we have to really pick and choose here, people. Obviously family and best friends come first. Space is limited but that's okay because we would much rather have a "smaller" more intimate ceremony. I've been getting messages saying some of my bridesmaids and maid of honor have gotten their dresses, YOU GO, GIRLS!, the wedding website is up and running (http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Matraca-and-Garrett) our photographer and videographer are booked and a few more small details are really falling into place. 
  • Dianna and I went baby shopping the other day and spoiled Mason entirely. 
  • My dad is picking up his Mustang Cobra today from Vegas (don't worry I'll post pictures)
  • Mason took his first boat ride on Grandpa Moody and Grandma Dianne's new pontoon last weekend and he absolutely loved the boat and the water, but not so much his life jacket. He looked so cute and he had such a great time splashing in Lake Havasu when we took our picnic break. 
  • I'm going tomorrow to sign Mason up for his first swimming lessons at the Aquatic Center, and were taking our first family trip tomorrow to Pirates Cove.
That's about all of the big interesting things that are going on with my little family! I'll be sure to keep posting and keep everybody updated on my little man, as well as Garrett and I. You really find out who your true friends are after you move across the country. I've kept most, but there's a few who lose contact. And that's okay, because I'm happy and Mason is happy and Garrett is happy and that is all that matters to me. We miss all of you Michiganders, but we are absolutely loving our new life here. Keep in touch and have a blessed day. Thanks for reading! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment