Let's Update!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014


IT'S ALREADY NOVEMBER?! When did this happen? I realize how long it has been since I truly "updated" my fellow readers and loyal followers in a in-depth reading rather than a short handed Facebook status. My little family and I have been busier than ever, all for the greater good of course! We always have something going on- whether it is something as small as a grocery store run, or something so big that it's life changing. So let's jump in to all of the things my boys and I have been keeping ourselves busy with!
  • I've been doing quite a bit of wedding planning! We now have our photographer, videographer, venue, reception, rehearsal dinner and time all booked! I have my dress, our champaigne toasting glasses, Save the Date cards, our guestbook, and a whole bunch of other little odds and ends all done and purchased. Our project right now: finalizing the guest list! 
  • Mason completed his first 8 week session of swim lessons! We will hopefully be signing him up for the next 8 week course soon! He graduated with perfect attendance and the knowledge of a ton of new skills. :) He loves the water! 
    Play Corner

    Reading Corner 

  • We re-did the nursery! The theme and everything is all the same (obviously, we still love his nautical theme!) but we rearranged just about everything. He now has a reading corner, sleepy corner and a play corner. His room is one of his (and our) favorite places to be and we all love the calm and peaceful vibe of it all. 
  • I GOT A JOB! Yes, you read that right, I am now a working mama. I PASSED my PCA state board exam so I am now a certified PCA & Med-Tech. I got a job almost instantly after my schooling and an assisted living facility and so far I am really liking it. I learn something new everyday and I am really starting to love my residents. The only downfall is being away from my little boy. I work first shift, part-time so it could be a lot worse, but it's still super hard at the same time... which leads me to my next bullet point..
  • He loves his daycare! We have a pretty good routine down now (after about two weeks) and drop-off's are a breeze. Garrett drops him off around 7:00 and I pick him up around 4:00. He loves his provider, Miss. Teddi, and all of the other kids get along great with him. We were so lucky to find such an amazing care taker for our sweet little Mason while Garrett and I are off at work. 
  • Speaking of care-takers, Mason also really loves going to church with mommy and daddy and spending time in the church nursery while us bigger people are attending service. We love our church family, and I can't wait for the day when Mason can go to chapel and sit in the pew worshiping right alongside us. Faith is a big factor that Garrett and I both want Mason to grow up with, so the fact that we have resources that make all of that possible is a huge blessing and, as parents, we could not be more grateful. 
  • And to add on to the above statement of loving our church family, we got baptized as a family! Garrett and I were both ready to dedicate our lives fully and wholly to the Lord and alongside us, as always, was sweet little Mason in his baby dedication ceremony. It was such a special day for all three of us, and this new life of walking with faith brings us closer and closer together every single day. Thank you to everybody who made that amazing day possible! 
  • WE FINALLY GOT OUR GUEST BEDROOM ORGANIZED AND CLEANED OF CLUTTER. Meaning, you  can actually walk in that room without stepping on boxes, AND it is (partially) decorated and now has room for a bed when we have visitors in February.
  • I registered for my next semester of college classes starting in January and I will (hopefully) be applying to the PTA program in April. Wish me luck, because in a few months I will be a working mama who is also going to school, on top of planning a wedding, and being an exclusive "pumper" (still no formula, yay!), and planning a first birthday party, as I still try my hardest to continue to grow in being the best possible wife to my Gar Bear, and mama to Mason. That even looks exhausting, so the start of 2015 shall be interesting. Wish me luck! :)
Tortoise

Gecko

Wild Donkeys
  • Were still adjusting to the animals here, they are all new to us. In Michigan you would never see a wild donkey just hanging out on the side of the road when you get out of the grocery store, or a gecko in your flower bed, or even a tortoise in your pastor's yard while you're getting baptized. But in Arizona, all of those things are completely normal, and it is so cool! 
The Desert Bar- Parker, AZ
  • We took our first trip to the Desert Bar this past weekend and woah was that cool! You have to take a dirt trail (I say trail because there is no road) 5 miles back into the Desert and in the middle of no where.... BAM! The Desert Bar. It is all solar powered so it is only open on weekends from sun up to sun down. Mason loved wearing his cool new sunglasses, enjoying some milk on the balcony and hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa while Garrett and I took a small hike and enjoyed the outdoors and a few drinks. It was a perfect family day. 
  • I'm not the only crafty one in this relationship! Garrett made me a bench out of FREE pallets! That's right, he made me a piece of patio furniture and it didn't cost us a dime. I love when he goes frugal! What a handy man I am marrying, and I couldn't be more proud. 
  • Last but not least, my future hubby had his 23rd birthday! We both had to work (boo!) but we made sure to celebrate that night and the whole weekend. My dad and Dianna set up a mini birthday party at their house that included a taco bar, strawberry poke-it cake and presents. He made out pretty good with a toolbox, skill saw, a bunch of tools, a watch, a few articles of clothing, and some cute handmade gifts from the Mason man! That weekend I took him out on a surprise date night to a fancy, romantic dinner followed by the races under the lights. It was a weekend we will always remember. I just can't put into words how much I love my boys! 
Well folks, there ya have it! Every small and big thing that my little family and I have been up to. Although we are so busy (as you can see) we are always looking for ways to have fun as a family, so, what do you and yours do?! What family fun dates have you experienced in the past that you would recommend to this mama? As always, follow, share, like, and comment the blog. Follow the blog's Facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/dressestomesses or
Email me anytime --> dresses.to.messes@gmail.com 

Per usual, thanks for reading! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment