My first post as a WIFE!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A lot of you follow me on social media, and a lot of my beautiful followers/ loyal readers don't. So for a quick "catch me up" special, here is my first post as a WIFE, a deeper look into our ceremony, some pictures, descriptions and explanations:

First things first, WE ARE NEWLYWEDS! Wait, I thought you guys were getting married in August in Michigan. Well, we still are. You see, Arizona has the Covenant marriage license that we wanted that Michigan does not offer. So, here we are, Mr. and Mrs. McCord since Valentines Day. It worked out pretty perfect because our oh-so-wonderful pastor opened up his church to us and married on in a short and sweet ceremony  at our home church that we absolutely adore. Some of Garrett's family flew in that Friday anyways for Mason's first birthday party that was taking part on Sunday, so they were there to witness it all which made it even more special. Of course my family that lives in Arizona came and it was actually a pretty great turnout for only planning it in about a week. It was pretty simple, I saved my big wedding dress for the August ceremony, so I ended up wearing a pretty white, knee- length, lace dress (which I also wore for our engagement pictures) and Garrett looked handsome as ever in his button up and slacks. My dad was still able to walk me down the aisle and give me away, which meant everything to me, and my best friend was able to stand up next to me. Since we've already been living together and have our perfect Mason, married life isn't much different to us except the fact that my wedding bands are a heck of a lot bigger on my dainty little finger than my one engagement ring was! I'm spending all day tomorrow traveling the town changing my last name in all the places that need to be changed and I am so excited! I'm so happy to be officially married to my best friend and we are really looking forward to our big August ceremony! Our pastor is so wonderful that he agreed to fly down and marry us for that ceremony, too. Everything will still be the same as expected for our August wedding, the only difference will be that we wont' be signing a marriage license, because that part is already complete. I've had so many people ask "what is a covenant marriage?" here is the best article I could find:

"In three states (Arizona, Arkansas, and Louisiana) of the United States, a covenant marriage is a legally distinct kind ofmarriage, in which the marrying couple agree to obtain pre-marital counseling and accept more limited grounds for later seeking divorce. Generally, covenant marriage statutes prohibit no-fault divorceAccording to proponents of covenant marriage, the movement sets out to promote and strengthen marriages, reduce the rate of divorce, discourage cohabitation, and frame marriage as an honorable and desirable institution."


I hope that helps! 




I hope you all understand a little better now about why we chose the route that we did, and if you don't, well then... that's too bad. We almost kept it a secret but then we thought "if people don't come to our big wedding because were already technically married, that's fine. All of the important people will be there no matter what and that's all we care about." Were not going to hide our happiness and not share such a monumental moment in our lives, just for the sake of saving someone else's feelings. We're SO HAPPY, Mason is HAPPY and our immediate family is HAPPY, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day. :) 

Stay tuned for another blog post about Mason's BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY! (Probably tonight because the husband is out with some work friends and this mama is bored while her baby sleeps the night away!) As always, thanks for reading, guys! 

Feel FREE to CONTACT ME on any of the following, you guys give such great feedback and positivity that I love interacting with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment