I said YES TO THE DRESS!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Yesterday I had a moment that I dreamed about since I was a little girl.. I got to try on wedding dresses! Since my Fiance is subscribed to my blog, I unfortunately can't share pictures, BUT I can share this: 
I got my dress at David's Bridal and because it fit me perfectly, was exactly in my budget, and my daddy was so generous as to give me his credit card, I was able to take it home the exact same day! Because Garrett is nosy and I don't have too much faith that he wouldn't snoop inside the bag, my wonderful Maid of Honor is holding it for me until my special day. I never imagined myself in the style of dress that I bought, but it looked so perfect and I definitely cried as soon as I put it on, so I figured that was a good enough sign that I had found my dress! It was only the third dress I tried on, so I feel pretty lucky! It was such a special moment and although my beautiful mother couldn't share this memory with me physically, I know she did spiritually. I know she would have loved this dress, it's exactly what we talked about when we would envision my wedding when I was just a little girl. I'm so thankful to have the support that I do, and I even picked out my bridesmaids dresses yesterday, too! I feel so accomplished! Planning a wedding, preparing for a move across the country in 15 days and raising a newborn is such hard work, but it's going to be so worth it in the end. This weekend were going to look at a venue in Kalamazoo and if we like it, were booking it on the spot! So if you have any to spare, prayers are welcomed in hopes that we can book a venue in the little time frame of 15 days before we make our big move. I'll update you all as exciting things keep happening. God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment