2014 Highlights!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014



Didn't we just ring in a new year? How is it already that time again?! SO much has happened in 2014 and I am so happy and proud to say that it was probably my favorite year yet. As a family, and as individuals we have accomplished an incredible amount, made some big moves (literally), and become stronger than ever. Thanks for reading this (probably lengthy) blog post as I discretely reminisce, not in any particular order, this fabulous year and everything it has brought.

  • Obviously the most important thing is first, WE HAD OUR PERFECT, SWEET BABY BOY THIS YEAR! He's made us so complete in more ways than one and he is the primary reason that our lives our filled with so much joy. Mason Michael McCord was born February 12, 2014 @ 9:42pm. Weighing a whopping 8lbs 12oz and 22in long. 
  • Garrett and I got engaged! He perfectly  proposed on my first Mother's Day and it was a day that I will never forget. So now the wedding planning has started, the dress has been bought, the venue and photographer are booked, the bridal party is picked and a date is set. 2015 will be just as special because it will forever be the year that we will officially become The McCord Family. 
  • Probably the biggest moment that 2014 has brought is our move across the country from MI to AZ. We absolutely love it here and couldn't imagine our life anywhere else at the moment. So happy we took such a big risk and everything just keeps falling into place.
     
  • We were baptized as a family. How special it is to walk with the Lord together; side by side. And grow as a family in ways that we will raise Mason with Christianity as our base. 
  • We took a few family mini-vacations! One up north to Kalkaska for camping, a trip to Frankenmuth, and most recently; the Phoenix Zoo. 
  • Garrett and I both turned 23! 
  • 2014 was the year I started blogging (just a few short months ago actually) and 30,000 views later, I'm still going strong. Thanks, guys! 
  • I've hit (just about) my 11th month mark of exclusively pumping.
  • Garrett, my best friend Katrina and I, participated in the NEDA (National Eating Disorder Association) annual walk in Ann Arbor and helped raise over $26,000 for Eating Disorder research around the globe! 
  • Speaking of Eating Disorders and milestones, 2014 is the year that I hit my official ONE YEAR OF RECOVERY! Life is so much more beautiful when you're not completely consumed by your disease. God is good! Want to know more? This is the link for you.
  • Mason completely his first session of swimming lessons at the Aquatic Center! Go baby, go! 
  • Since we've moved out here to AZ, Garrett and I have both found jobs that we like, and I start school again in a matter of days and will be applying to the PTA program in April. I also got my PCA/ Med-Tech certificate after completing the fast track course (which is what my job consists of now). Work, school, being a mom, pumping, planning a wedding, and always working on recovery is what my life consists of now- and I wouldn't have it any other way. 
  • Mason has hit a ton of milestones, too! From crawling, to pulling himself up, 'trying' to talk, feeding himself finger foods, and so much more. He is so smart and we are so proud! Check out all of his progress HERE.
  • Garrett and I have mastered the art of "dates" with a non-stop busy life and a baby! 
This year I've also acquired a new favorite TV show, you ready for how cheesy this is?! I am now totally addicted to 19 Kids and Counting, and I can't help it. Also, The Walking Dead is a household favorite between the Fiance and I. 

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of other things that we have done and/or accomplished this past year, but all in all, thank you guys for taking this journey with me this year and as a family, we are so excited to see everything that 2015 has in store for us. I hope this next coming year I can continue my blogging (hopefully more so than lately), grow in Christ, and be happy as ever with whatever I am doing. I can't wait to become a McCord in a mere 8 months, and can you believe that in 44 days Mason will be ONE!? This coming year will be a good one, and we are so stoked.

What are some of your New Year's resolutions?! Fill me in! 
Go like the Blog's very own Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/dressestomesses 
Follow me on Instagram at MatracaTaylor 
Or MatracaTaylor on Pinterest! 
Connect with me, because I'm all about growing with friends- new and old. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment