Parents can have dates, too?!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I know, I know. You all were looking forward to a blog post about 'Teamwork in Relationships', and I promise that one is coming next! But this morning inspired me so much, I had to change my blogging schedule a little bit.
It's not very often, and very few & far between, that Garrett and I actually have 'dates'. After you have a baby your life becomes consumed with things that you've never even thought of before. i.e. sleep routines, diaper changes, pumping, making baby food, daycare, etc., and that (most of the time) leads to things lessening in your own romantic relationship with the man (or woman) that you so deeply cherish. But dates are so important! Not even dates, but just spending time together one on one. No phones, no baby, nothing but you two in your combined mutual thoughts. Remember that connection you two had pre-baby?! You can have it post-baby, too!
Garrett and I actually went on a date night last week for my birthday and it was fantastic! OF COURSE we missed Mason, but he was sleeping peacefully at home under Grandma and Grandpa's awesome watch, so our minds were at ease and we were able to have a great night of bonding. As a couple, we think it's SO important to reconnect as often as we can because let's face it, life happens and gets in the way and we all lose track of some very important things. We love bonding as a family and family time is by far our favorite thing, but spending one on one time with just us two, together, is purely amazing. I love to reconnect with him and see how his day was, hearing all of his interesting thoughts and learning how we each have grown throughout the day.
Anyways, to make my point- FIND TIME FOR JUST YOU AND YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER. Dates are so expensive now a days, but they don't have to be. There are so many cheap (or free!) date ideas now all over the place, and they most of the time take little to hardly no work at all on your part to accomplish.  Easy, right?!
This morning was a perfect example of one of those free, but so wonderful, date ideas. I woke up and Garrett had planned out a super simple, but super romantic date morning for just us two while Mason slept the morning away. We had coffee on our front patio together, watched the sun hit the mountains, palm trees, and the lake, and had great conversation. Afterwards, he made me breakfast and I fell in love all over again. Not all of our dates are inside or on our front porch, but when they are they can be just as special as if we got dressed up and went out somewhere. You see, it's not the amount of money he spends on me, or the gifts that he buys me. It's the fact that he gives me his time (though it may be limited with our hectic work, and baby schedules), and he makes our time together so special and so memorable.

What are some date ideas that you find time to do with your love? How do you schedule your time between your romantic relationship with him (or her), and still find time to be super mom while going to work and school? Let me know in the comments or e-mail me at dresses.to.messes@gmail.com. Want other ways to connect? Follow me on Instagram at @MatracaTaylor OR follow me on Twitter to keep super updates on our hectic lives at @matracataylor. Thanks for being such great followers, guys. You rock and I've been absolutely loving all of your feedback!  

No comments:

Post a Comment